Monday, August 11, 2014

WE ARE THE WATER BUFFALO!!!!!

This week was pretty swell, it has been fun and exciting this week we have been able to teach more lessons in Guthrie than have been taught in a while!! We are excited to continue to see the area grow and the miracles continue to happen.
From left, here's me, Guthrie Ward member Dakoda Rollins 
and my former companion, Elder Wilcox. Dakoda had just 
gotten the Aaron Priesthood on this day, June 29, 2014.

A couple stories from this week:

We had dinner with a part-member family this week and the non-member husband was really cool and didn't know too much about Mormons. Well, we had a great and funny dinner conversation with him and gained a great relationship with him and are hopefully going golfing with him sometime soon! During one conversation with him he mentioned something funny! He was talking about members of the church and was saying "Ya'll are like water buffalo." 

We looked at each other with confusion and then he went on to explain that he had seen a video about water buffaloes in the wild and that when one of them got attacked the others herded around the one to protect it! Haha it was pretty funny but we were excited because he has a good taste in his mouth for the members of the church!!!

I was on exchanges with Elder Bender in Stillwater, where oklahoma state university is, on friday and it was sorority week there and we were on guard the whole day making sure the little females stayed away from us, and elder bender has been in the area about 2 weeks so he didn't know the streets because we were driving from dinner and we ended up on sorority row... 

There were so many women out there I was about to stab my eyes out.  I just started screaming in the truck and we made it out alive!! 

As well when we were in stillwater we drove by a car wreck that happened right before we got there and it was pretty bad. it was on a main road and we saw the body lying there in the middle of the street,  It was really sad and we said a prayer that night for the family but a really cool experience for at least me happened after that, we were on our way to teach a family about the plan of salvation and that made me think of the accident and how that boy isn't really gone he is just in the spirit world and possibly being taught the gospel by some other missIsonaries!! I love the plan of salvation and all the questions it answers for me!! I know it to be true without a doubt!!!

I know that the Savior is watching over us, even if we aren't perfect because he loves us so much and I know that this work is directed by Heavenly Father and its a joy to be able to be a part of such a great work!!! I love you all.
Elder Morris

P.S.. My current mailing address is:Elder Morris, 2000 Woodlawn, #H4, Guthrie, OK  73044. 
OR, email me at kmorris@myldsmail.net 

No comments:

Post a Comment